The check-in and -out was very quick and efficient and so was the communication with the charter company throughout the journey. Marenauta did a great job in getting us the deal we were looking for. All in all really recommend booking with the charter company and Marenauta.
September 2018, Atene with OCEAN STAR 51.2
Our second rental from Marenauta and they did not disapoint. We rented Bavaria E40 sedan from Pulas Veruda marina and we’re met by incredibly nice and helpful guys who we doing the hand over.
Despite being extremely busy and dealing with lots of difficult issues at the time they have made sure that all of our needs are met. We have had the same experience on our return.
Boat was brand new 2018 and that was one of the reasons that we have chosen it. It felt much bigger than Jaennaou Leader 36 that we rented last year (one of the reasons why we have chosen it) but had too many drawbacks for us. I will state few pluses and minuses and you can make up your own mind.
- brand new
- decent size with fairly large bedrooms for its size (1 mster and 2 smaller bedrooms)
- extremely low fuel consumption if you do not exceed cruising speed
- good view all around from the drivers position
- separate toilet and shower room in master suit
- main problem we have had was the speed. It would not go faster than 9.5 knots and if you exceeded cruising speed of 8 knots the fuel consumption would double for minimal gain in speed.
- rear swimming deck was a hustle to get up and down every time we stoped for a swim.
- not as easy to maneuver as the two engine motorboats
This is actually a sailing boat without the sails.if you are not after the speed and have been sailing before with the sail boats and can not be bothered any more with the sails this is perfect choice.
It has all the comforts of the motor boat but it “drives” as a sailing boat.
If the speed is not important to you and you prefer more space and the low fuel consumption than this is a good choice for you.
I personally prefer the motor boat that “drives” as a motor boat.
July 2018, Pula with Bavaria E40 Sedan
Sailing holiday in Greece
Greek islands are one of the best places to spend sailing holiday in the whole world. Any other issues depend on weather conditions solely. The week we spend in Greece was probably the most windy week this year (up to 40 knts), so we sailed not very much unfortunately...We had to spend 3 days in Poros island Marina and to watch our boat not getting crashed upon the pier:) Everything else was fine - Marenauta, base manager Walter, our crew, greekish food and, of course, wine.