It was the first trip for the boat in this summer season (2020). The boat is equipped with two winches only, which is annoying if you like sailing. Beside the missing winches we found more inconveniences. Before departure:
- Other than stated in the Yacht descriptions there was no Bow thruster!
- The ladder of the bathing platform could not be fully retracted, was fixed by the charter company. But during the whole trip the ladder could not be fixed and this caused an inconvenience when opening the back box. The ladder had to be hold while opening the box. Very annoying during the whole trip.
- Mainsheet too short, only one turn around winch when main sail was retracted
- Other minor issues which were fixed before departure
During the trip we found
- The locker of the winch handle broke (low quality handle - plastic)
- Speedometer did not work.
- One fender without air
- The electrical panel has repeatedly come loose while sailing
- The Bimini came off we had to fix it with tape.
- Some anchorage of the bimini tubes broke, we fixed with extra screws and tape.
I am not sure I remember all problems, however I will never charter this boat again. The charter company was not really interested about the problems we encountered and did not ask for more information and no serious excuse was expressed.
July 2020, Punat with Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 349
Sailing to Vis
Marina in Kastel gomilica works fine. People are friendly, toilets could be better. It is time to have complete renovation. Salona boat was good, fast, and assay to manoeuvre. Generally, we had a great sailing.
Excellent place and nature, but be very hard on the check-in
We had a really good journey in beautiful nature and met a lot of friendly people. Marenauta was excellent in communications and chartering the boat, managing the booking. The only bad point is for the boat condition. They gave us another boat, a newer one, but it was in pretty bad condition. Missing windex and wind speed data, broken hull, deformed safety lines, really stiff bearings and the outboard engine didn't have any oil container cup, so as soon as we tried to put it on the dinghy, half of the oil was coming out of it... I can't even imagine how the other boat was holding up, that they've switched.
After all, I want to go back and enjoy that environment from a yacht, but I will be really picky again during the check-in.